Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Santa!

We took a family trip to Bass Pro Shop in Altoona last week. They had their entire Santa’s Village set up complete with Santa. As we first walked into the store, Santa was going on break and walked up to Camden and said hello. Camden immediately started crying. She did not want anything to do with Santa. So we thought a Christmas lesson was in order. So I spent the next several minutes explaining to her the concept of Santa. After our short lesson, we went over to a small table and wrote Santa a letter. Camden told me what she wanted for Christmas while I inscribed the note:

Dear Santa,
I would like a kitty for Christmas. I’ve been a good girl.
Love,
Camden

Even after writing the letter, Camden wasn’t sure she wanted to see Santa. So we continued on our shopping. I explained to her that Santa won’t bring you any presents unless you tell him what you want. {okay…so maybe I exaggerated a little bit!} She finally decided that it was okay for her to tell Santa what she wants for Christmas—if that was the only way she could get presents. So we went back to the other side of the store where Santa was. As we were waiting in line, Camden said, “I want to go WAY over there” and pointed to the opposite side of the store. Too bad! We were in line and we were going to see Santa.

I told Camden that Kade would sit on Santa’s lap thinking that maybe she would give in then. So Santa took Kade, but Camden still wasn’t budging. So Santa offered to let Daddy sit on his lap. And there's the story of our Santa picture:


Happy Holidays from the Wilsons!!

No comments: