Friday, December 16, 2011

Better late than never?

This is about 2 months late - but better late than never, right?

The kids looked too cute in the Halloween Costumes to just pass over this without a post.  Camden wanted to be a princess again this year and I told her that she had to pick something different since she was a princess last year.  So she decided to be a fairy this year - basically a princess with wings.  I guess I didn't say no fairies.  Kade decided immediately that he wanted to be a dinosaur.  We looked at costumes in catalogs and online and then finally found the one he wanted to order.  As soon as it came in the mail, I asked him if he wanted to try it on.  He said, "I no like dino-roars".  When I explained that you don't get candy if you don't put your costume on, he decided quickly that he would wear his costume!

We had several opportunities to dress up in costume this year. Our first one came a few weeks before Halloween when we went to Night Eyes at the Blank Park Zoo.  The Blessingtons went along and little Mila was the cutest cow I have ever seen!






Kade insisted on having his picture taken with every dinosaur we could find!


Then we carved our pumpkins.  The kids weren't much help.  Cam thought it was "yucky" and Kade thought it was "too cold".  I ended up carving pumpkins on my own!


Then we had Trick or Treating in Adel.  We had a few friends over for supper and then we all went out together.

The whole clan - Kade, Haley, Camden, Lydia and Mila

Cam and her best bud Haley

Heading out to collect candy...

Our final opportunity to put on the costumes came on Halloween night.  We went to Guthrie Center to trick or treat at the nursing home with Emmett and Ella and say hi to Great Grandma.  We then stopped at a few houses around Mema and Papa's house.  

We had way too much candy when all was over.  In fact there is still a bucket full in the pantry!  Each year gets more and more fun as the kids understand more about the holiday.  Bring on Christmas!

1 comment:

Sharon Hopper said...

cool costumes. They both picked out great ones. I am so glad they got to go to see Great Grandma also. I bet she was thrilled..