Saturday, November 6, 2010

From the Mouth of Camden

Mom: Camden, when did you get tall enough to turn on the light?
Camden: Tomorrow

***

Kade was drinking Camden's milk. When she realized he had her cup she took it from him and said: "Oh man! Kade drank the cold part all gone. Now it's just warm milk left."

***

Camden: Where are we?
Dad: In Minnesota
Camden: Yeah. And next we'll be in Mickey-sota

***

Camden: Mom, can I watch cartoons?
Mom: Not now, Camden.
Camden: But Mom, every time you tell me no it makes me mad.
Mom: I understand, Camden. But Mommy has a reason when she tells you no.
Camden: Mom! I just don't want to talk about it any more.
Mom: Okay, Honey.
Camden: Mom! Don't call me Honey! My name is Camden!

***

Mom: Oh geez.
Camden: Mom, you can’t say Oh Geez. That’s a naughty word.
Mom: It’s not a naughty word, honey.
Camden: Can I say ‘Oh Geez’ then?
Mom: If you want to, you can.

A few hours later during supper---Camden purposefully drops her fork on the table.
Camden: Oh Geez! Mom said I can say it – it’s not a naughty word.

Mommy laughs and restates the conversation had earlier in the day to Dad. Camden realizes it is funny so keeps saying it over and over. And over. And over!

Daddy: Okay, Camden. That’s enough of that word.
Camden: Why? Mommy said it isn’t a naughty word.
Daddy: You’re right, it isn’t a naughty word. But you’ve said it enough.
Camden: Do I need to save some Geez for tomorrow?

***
Camden: Grandma are you going to drive?
Grandma: No, your mom is going to drive.
Camden: Why? Are you not good at driving?

***

1 comment:

Sharon Hopper said...

Words to the wise.. hee hee