Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to Daddy!

Things have been really busy around here and I haven't been so good about updating the blog lately. I'm a few weeks behind on this one. Derek had a birthday a couple weeks ago and here's how we helped him celebrate his special day.
Camden helped me wrap his presents the day before his brithday. We rehearsed several times what she would say if Daddy asked her what his presents were. She was instructed to say, "I can't tell you. It's a surprise." She did very well with her secret...until the morning of Daddy's birthday. As Derek was helping her brush her teeth, she said, "Daddy, I want you to open your mug now." Since she had gien away one of the gifts, we let Daddy go ahead and open that one. But we made him wait until after work for the rest of the presents.
Camden helped him open the remaining presents. And by "helping" I mean that she did it for him.
Kade watched intently.
A birthday kiss for Daddy.
It just wouldn't be a birthday without some birthday cake ice cream.
Happy Birthday, Daddy!

1 comment:

Sharon Hopper said...

Great pictures. Happy Birthday, 21 again?