Monday, May 9, 2011

A Double Celebration!

Sunday, May 8th, was a double-whammy holiday for me with the celebration of both Mother's Day and our Anniversary!  It started with the kids snuggling in bed with me.  And then Camden made me breakfast in bed by putting some dry Frosted Mini Wheats in a bowl and bringing them to me.  

The kids each made Mother's Day presents for me at school and they brought them for me to open while in bed.  Camden decorated a picture frame that holds a beautiful picture of my baby girl.


Kade made the sweetest little hand print for me.  Attached to it is a poem that says:
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints 
On the furniture and walls

But everyday I'm growing
I'll be grown someday
And all those tiny hand prints
Will surely fade away

So here's a little hand print
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was so small

 Awww!  That made this momma cry!

Then the kids delivered the present that they picked out especially for me!  Camden had written on the box all by herself!  (Have I mentioned that she is getting great at writing her letters?!?)


Inside the box was a lion head cover for a golf clubs.  Which was of course the precursor to Derek's amazing gift--a new set of golf clubs!

I have been saying for a while now that I really want to learn to golf.  And if we are going to live on a golf course, I need to learn to golf!

So after the amazing mother's day celebration in the morning, we headed over to Jeremy and Jacki's house for a delicious lunch and fun with the kids.  Then we left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa and moved on to the celebration of the other holiday for the day - our 7 year anniversary!

It's hard to believe that 7 years ago I married my best friend!  A lot has changed in the past 7 years, but I love him even more today than the day I married him!  Not only is Derek my best friend, he is the most amazing father I could ever ask for our children.

After we left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa, we went to the driving range to try out my new golf clubs.  We each hit a bucket of balls then we did a little shopping for the new house and finished the evening with a dinner at Bonefish Grill.  

In all it was an incredible day!  I couldn't ask for a more amazing family!

1 comment:

Sharon Hopper said...

wonderful and thoughtful gift for you. Derek is such a nice fellow. Congrats on your Anniversary. Many many more..