Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

We celebrated Valentines with the kiddos on Sunday and we had such an awesome day!  We started off the morning with a few Valentines gifts from mom and dad.  Camden got a new Barbie to which she exclaimed, "This is what I've wanted my whole life!"  

 Kade got a couple new books.  He brought them to me to read over and over again.  Each time I'd finish a book, he would hand it to me and say "again".

I also found some cute pancake molds for the kids.  So we had fun-shaped pancakes for breakfast.  Kade got a duck and a sheep and Camden got a butterfly.

I don't know that Kade really cared too much about the shaped pancakes, but he thought they tasted delicious.  He devoured two of them!

We spent the morning packing and playing.  Before long it was time for lunch and we had another special Valentines meal planned.  We had a heart-shaped theme for lunch consisting of hotdogs, grape jello jigglers, and cheese carved to spell out 'love'.  

Once again Kade was less than impressed with the artistic presentation of the lunch, but was pleased by the taste.

My favorite part of the day was when Camden and I were sitting on my bed.  Camden said, "Mom, I want some M&Ms".  To which I replied, "I don't think we have any, honey."  And she said, "Yes we do.  We bought you some for Valentines Day.  Did you open them already?"  

"Nope.  But I think I know what you got me for Valentines Day!" 

1 comment:

Sharon Hopper said...

Sounds like Camden is one step ahead of you Cherri. The girl is on the ball. Little Kade is such a cutie.