Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It worked!

The cookies and reindeer food worked.  Santa and his reindeer found their way to our house on Christmas Eve!

I was the first one up on Christmas morning.  I patiently waited for the rest of the house to get up.  At 7:30 I thought I heard Camden making some noise so I went in her room and helped her wake up the rest of the way.  I think the bright flash was more than she wanted at that time of the morning.  After a little convincing, I was able to get her out of bed and next we moved on to waking Daddy.

 Daddy wasn't too excited about getting out of his warm bed either.  But after a short game of Hop On Pop, he was ready to get up too.
 Finally we moved on to waking up Kade.  He was really not digging the early morning wake up (by this time it was nearly 8, so not really that early!).
 Did I mention Kade wasn't happy about being woke up?
 So after a little meltdown on the stairs, he finally made it down to see what Santa had left for him.
 Cam was amazed when she saw Santa had eaten most of the cookies and left all sorts of goodies for her.
 One of the gifts Santa had left for her was a craft kit.  Inside of it was a pair of scissors. I think that was Camden's favorite gift she got.  She insisted on cutting up every piece of wrapping paper from there on out.  Too funny!
 Kade opened (with a little help from Mom) a new pair of kicks from Santa.
 And there were lots more goodies for everyone!
 All in all we had 4 very spoiled people in our house on Christmas morning.

1 comment:

Sharon Hopper said...

I know the old scissor trick, I get it here too. I think you had a wonderful Christmas. Never mind the little crankiness on the way down the steps. I see you made up for it with all the fun later.